Family-style Dining Featuring Chef-prepared Menu Selections
At Serenity Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care, we know meal time is one of life’s simple pleasures. That’s why we are committed to providing exceptional food and senior living dining services. It’s one of the many ways we express our care and concern for residents. Our skilled and trained in-house chefs prepare our residents’ meals using the finest ingredients. Residents can always count on a wonderful dining experience. It’s our goal to provide optimal nutrition for seniors, a variety of delicious menu choices, and gracious, family-style dining in a wonderful atmosphere.
Flavorful and nutritious meals feed the body, but camaraderie and good conversation feed the heart and soul. The best senior living dining services focus on providing on a culinary experience that brings people together in a celebration of healthful options and companionship. Good nutrition is important for people of any age, of course, but especially so for older adults. Vitamin- and mineral-rich foods fuel the body and help control weight. A nutritious diet may also help prevent some age-related health conditions, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis, heart disease, and some types of cancers.
Dining with others also provides special benefits over eating alone. People who eat meals with others to make better food choices than when they eat alone, for example, and they also eat more. Meals last longer and the laughter among friends is a little louder. Sharing a meal with others, and the stimulating conversation that almost always ensues, also makes mealtimes more satisfying. Group dining kindles old friendships, sparks new relationships, and creates memorable experiences. We take care of creating nutritious meals, and put you in charge of the fun.
Our senior living dining services at Serenity Oaks recognizes the importance of eating nutritious meals together; we also strive to provide some of the most delicious food and unique culinary opportunities in Live Oak, Texas. From freshly-made meals to hand-scooped ice cream, we make everyday meals something special. We also invite our residents to welcome their families for mealtime – after all, sharing food with the people you love brings out the flavor in food and the zest in life. You can even cook out on our gas grill during your next family gathering.
Contact Serenity Oaks to learn more about the many benefits of senior living dining services – we look forward to sharing many meals with you and your family!
Our Senior Living Dining Experience Includes:
- Family-style dining—served hot and fresh at the table
- Meals served on Corelle dinnerware with fine table linens
- Varied menus of delicious, nutritious meals — changed seasonally
- Popular options offered on an “always available” menu
- Hot fresh dinner rolls and desserts offered with every supper
- Juice, coffee, and iced tea available anytime
- Old fashioned, hand-scooped ice cream
- Holiday events feature culinary classics
- Holiday themed meals served
- Resident recipes incorporated
- Families welcome to attend meal with their loved ones
- Gas grill available for family gatherings
Wonder How Tasty Life Can be at Serenity Oaks?
These menu selections are only a sampling of the daily meal choices our residents enjoy. Join us for an exquisite dining experience and taste how good life can be at Serenity Oaks.
- French Toast with choice of syrup, Sausage links, Fresh Seasonal Fruit
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, English Muffin and Fresh Seasonal Fruit
- Ham and Cheese Omelet, Hash Browns and Fresh Seasonal Fruit
- Eggs cooked your way, Bacon, Whole Grain Toast and Fresh Seasonal Fruit
- Prime Rib served with Rice Pilaf, California Blend Vegetables and Sugar Cream Pie
- Chicken & Mini Dumplings served with Buttered Peas and Diced Peaches
- Sweet & Savory Roast Beef served with Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Peach Pie
- Spaghetti & Meatballs served with Green Beans, a Breadstick, and Mandarin Oranges
- Corned Beef & Cabbage served with Diced Red Potatoes and Pineapple Tidbits
Soups Du Jour
Most of our daily soup choices are homemade and typical options include:
- Loaded Potato
- Chicken and Rice
- Cream of Tomato
- Chicken Noodle
- Bean and Bacon
- Clam Chowder
- Cheeseburger Chowder
- and more!
Always Available Dining Options
- Grilled Cheese
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Sliced Ham or Turkey
- Hot Dog
- French Fries
- Cottage Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Potatoes
- Steamed Carrots
- Tossed Salad
- Fresh Fruit
- assorted Jell-O